Recipe by lindseylcw
Wonderful first course served on blinis or with crusty bread. From Feasts by Silvena Rowe
- 400 g salmon fillets, scaled and bones removed
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 250 g beetroots, uncooked peeled and grated
- 1 orange, zest of, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place salmon on chopping board with skin facing down.
- mix salt and sugar and rub evenly over both sides of the fish.
- In a small bowl mix the beet, orange, and chopped dill and press the mixture all over the salmon.
- wrap with clingfilm and then with foil, put on a plate and place a plate on top with a weight on the plate. Chill for 36 hours.
- After chilling unwrap the fish and remove coating if you wish or simply slice the fillet thinly and serve.
- If desired garnish with endive leaves, grated red radish, finely sliced shallots and dill sprigs.