Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Food Network
Make and share this Grapefruit Zabaglione recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups berries, hulled and quartered (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and or or blackberries)
- 4 egg yolks
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- grated grapefruit zest
- In a large bowl, toss together the berries. Spoon the berries into serving dishes and set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the egg yolks, sugar, grapefruit juice, and salt in a large metal or glass bowl. Whisk vigorously until combined and the color is a pale yellow. Set the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Be very careful not to let the bottom of the bowl touch the simmering water. Using a whisk or an electric hand mixer, vigorously whisk the egg mixture until it has tripled in volume and is very thick and creamy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Spoon the warm zabaglione over the berries. Top with a light sprinkle of grapefruit zest. Serve immediately.
I didn't like it, but I think I would if it were a different citrus. Even using the sweet red Texas grapefruit it had too much of a bitter bite for us. Will try again with oranges maybe.