From Jim "thecooktwo" Davis at CooksTalk Classic
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Could also use 4 Large grapefruit -- Marsh Ruby or Indian River. Champagne may be stale or bubbly.
- 2Finely grate the zest of one of the grapefruits into a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3Juice all of the grapefruit, strain the juice into a bowl along with the zest. Use a spatula to push as much of the juice as possible through the seive.
- 4Pour one cup of the strained juice into a saucepan, add the sugar and heat, stirring constantly, until the sugar dissolves. Do not boil.
- 5Blend the sugar mixture with the remaining juice, add the champagne and zest and chill thoroughly.
- 6Freeze the mixture in an ice cream maker following the manufacturers directions.
- 7Serve with perfected sections of grapefruit and/or a little of a bubbly champagne.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grapefruit Sorbet
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 35.6 g
- Protein 1.1 g