Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 large pink grapefruit, peeled,membrane removed,chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeno, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small avocado, peeled,pitted,diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Saute onion in the olive oil until tender and beginning to become lightly golden.
- Stir in sugar and saute until glistening.
- Place in bowl and toss in the rest.
This recipe was very odd...yet good. At first I didn't like it; my grapefruits are not very sweet. But added more salt and set it out. It kinda grew on me. Pretty soon the bowl was empty and guests were asking if there was any more! lol. Recipe definitely worth trying for a different kind of salsa.