Recipe by dicentra
From Oxmore House. They pair it with a grapefruit cake, but I think it would be just as good on plain white cupcakes. Tinted pink, of course!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon grated grapefruit peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in top of a double boiler. Beat at low speed 30 seconds or just until blended.
- Place over boiling water; beat at high speed 7 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Remove from heat.
- Add grapefruit rind; beat 1 to 2 minutes or until frosting is thick enough to spread. Spread immediately on cooled cake.