Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Posted by request. I haven't made grape jam in years (since my kids were small). Unfortunately, I never wrote down how much this recipe makes, I remember it did make a lot (8-10 cups???)
- Remove the skins from the pulp and set them aside.
- Place grape pulp in stainless jelly pot with water.
- Bring to boil and simmer 5 minutes.
- Strain to remove the seeds.
- Chop the skins and add to the cooked pulp.
- Measure out 5 cups of the grape pulp mixture and return the pulp to jelly pot.
- Add sugar and butter.
- Heat on medium heat until sugar is melted, then adjust to high heat.
- Heat and stir to full rolling boil that will not stop.
- Add 1 pouch Certo and return to full rolling boil at high heat.
- Boil exactly one minute stirring constantly.
- Fill jars to 1/8 inch from the top.
- Seal with lids.
- Invert jars for 5 minutes.