Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful Caesar Salad with a twist from added grapes and Swiss cheese. I served it last Saturday evening for my husband's birthday dinner with rave reviews from guests. You can make it a little easier on yourself by using packaged Caesar croutons, and if you are watching calories, I would recommend "Ken's Steak House Lite Caesar" dressing. I think it is great substitution. Cooked, chunked chicken added makes a great main dish salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 709.77 ml seedless grapes, halved
- 118.29 ml grated gorgonzola or 118.29 ml swiss cheese
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
Parmesan Cheese Croutons
- 236.59 ml small bread cubes
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 14.79 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml lemon juice
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- Tear lettuce into bite sized pieces into bowl. Add grapes and Gorgonzola, or Swiss cheese, and toss. Sprinkle croutons and Parmesan cheese over salad. Pour some of the dressing over salad and toss, taste, and add more dressing as desired.
- Parmesan Cheese Croutons:.
- Toss bread cubes with butter and Parmesan cheese in skillet. Toast over moderate heat until golden brown; stir frequently.
- Lemon Dressing:.
- Measure olive oil into small bowl. Whisk in lemon juice until completely combined. Whisk in remaining ingredients and serve.
Thankyou- this was a very light, unique, and refreshing caesar salad...we really enjoyed it. The dressing was very flavorful. We enjoyed it with the grapes and I think it would be equally as good with our without ,depending on your preference.......thanks for sharing this will now be a household fave:)
oh wow! this was a HUGE hit at my house last night! I made it for my whole family and everybody loved it! it got rave reviews from all of us! it was fun too because i've never made my own croutons! and my bf thought they were perfect- not too crunchy not too soft! The dressing was very tasty and i enjoyed it because all the flavors of a ceasar salad were there without nasty anchovie paste! and grapes? how interesting! great great great salad! we are keeping this recipe as a regular dinner at our house! ;)