Recipe by KitchenCraftsnMore
A nice change from ordinary blueberry muffins. Adds a good crunch.
Top Review by DeniseBC
I imagine these vary quite a bit depending on your granola. They were good, but I could stand them to be a little sweeter. I might try next time to substitute applesauce for the oil.
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup granola cereal, slightly crushed
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups.
- Beat egg, stir in buttermilk, brown sugar and oil.
- Stir in granola, flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda just until all dry particles are moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Fill muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake until golden brown about 20-25 minutes.
- Cool one minute in pan, then remove and cool on wire racks.