Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a nice granola mix, not too sweet. Try some fresh berries or fruit on top and you have a filling breakfast that stays with you.
- 4 cups uncooked rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- 3⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 cup sunflower oil
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup dark raisin
- 3⁄4 cup shredded coconut
- 3⁄4 cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- Preheat oven to 300F degrees.
- Mix together the oats, sesame seeds almonds and sunflower seeds.
- Pour honey, oil& water over this mixture and stir well.
- Spread on a large cookie sheet and bake 35 minutes until nicely browned on top.
- Stir the granola often while baking (about every 5 minutes).
- Remove from oven allow to cool and add raisins, coconut& crasins.
Bergy, this granola is wonderful! It has a great variety of flavours, which all go great together! The sunflower and sesame seeds add an earthy taste and lots of nutrition and the berries a nice sour sweetness. Mmmm! Your roasting directions were spot on and resulted in a deep brown and fragrant granola. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this wonderful recipe with us! Ill make this often again as it is so yummy and also way cheaper than the store bought kind.
I use coconut oil, it's better with heat, and add vanilla and cinnamon. Advice: heat your oil-honey-water mixture, and slowly add (while stirring) to the oats first, then add the nuts afterward. This ensures that all those dry nasty oats become sweet, oily, and tasty, the nuts are good enough as they are. If you immediately transfer the hot granola mix to wax paper to cool, clean up is a whole lot easier. I tweak recipes like this to what I have on hand... just don't add too many dried fruits proportionally, or you might accidentally give your litte brother/taster diarrhea. :-)