1/16 Photos of Granny's Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
6 hrs 15 mins
This is a rich, satisfying meal that freezes well. Great on a cold winter day. Serve it with tortillas, cornbread, French breadand/or rice! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed black bean soup (or canned black beans in juice)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (sometimes I use lentils)
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chopped tomato puree (I use large 29 oz. can crushed tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced chilies
- 1 -2 jalapeno, chopped (depending on how much heat you want)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- 1In a saucepan, saute the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and celery for about 5 minutes.
- 2In a slow cooker, combine black bean soup, kidney beans, garbanzo beans, baked beans, tomatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper, zucchini, jalapeno, chilies, and celery.
- 3Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, parsley, oregano, basil (and cilantro if using).
- 4Cook for about 6 hours on low.
- 5Serve with tortillas, cornbread, rice, or French bread.
- 7This freezes well!
- 8Leftovers are good on top of nachos!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Slow Cooker Vegetarian Chili
Serving Size: 1 (415 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.7
- Calories from Fat 25
- Total Fat 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1114.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g