Vegetarian Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup
Got this recipe online a couple years ago. I've tweaked it a little bit and will probably continue to experiment by throwing other vegetables in. It's a great soup for a cold day when I know I won't have time to cook dinner. I usually make a batch and freeze what we don't eat. It tastes the same when reheated after the freezer, but the texture does change slightly. Lasts a few days in the fridge as well.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 10mins
- 16 ounces split peas
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 cups hot water
- Layer ingredients in order listed above. Do not stir
- Cover and cook until peas are soft High: 4-5 hours or Low: 8-10 hours
- Remove bay leaf and garlic (if it has held together) before serving.