Another one of my grandmother's incredible recipes. This was a special treat when I was a little girl.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and molasses.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- Dip one side of each ball into sugar; place with sugar side up on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crinkly.