1/2 Photos of Granny's Gingersnaps
Another one of my grandmother's incredible recipes. This was a special treat when I was a little girl.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream the shortening and sugar.
- 2Beat in the egg and molasses.
- 3Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 4Roll teaspoonfuls of dough into balls.
- 5Dip one side of each ball into sugar; place with sugar side up on a greased baking sheet.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned and crinkly.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Granny's Gingersnaps
Serving Size: 1 (756 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 964.1
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 53.1 mg
- Sodium 1082.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 70.6 g
- Protein 9.2 g