This is a childhood memory from when I grew up in Germany. Over the years my Dad has added a touch to it here and there. My kids just love this dressing. It originally was tossed with Boston Bib lettuce, but you can use it on most greens.
- In a jar with tight fitting lid, place first 7 ingredients.
- Shake until well combined.
- Wash and dry your greens.
- Tear into bite size pieces.
- Add dill, parsley and chives if using.
- Pour dressing over all and toss gently.
- Serve right away.
- Don't let it sit, or your salad will turn soggy.
- It can also be made omitting the garlic, but tastes better with it.
- Serving suggestion includes the lettuce.