Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Recipe passed down from my husband's grandmother
Make and share this Grandmother's Gingersnaps recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, cream first 4 ingredients until fluffy.
- Sift together the 6 dry ingredients and stir into molasses mixture.
- Form dough into small balls (1 inch diameter).
- Roll balls in granulated sugar.
- Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12 minutes.
These were a big hit at a jewelry party I went to. I served them with Pumpkin Pie Dip (delicious) I only had egg substitute on hand so I used that and they turned out great! I also added fresh ground pepper about 12 small grinds. Chilled for a bit, rolled out thin (didn't want soft), used a small round cookie cutter and sprinkled tops with sugar. I baked about 8-9 min. Perfect. Thanks
These were great, I was at a party and tried them. My friend told me she found the recipe on here (we trade recipes from here all the time!) so she forwarded it to me! Yum!
Excellent! I had a craving for ginger snaps, but had never made them before. This recipe really hit the spot!