Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I had to estimate amounts, but this is the coleslaw that my Grandmother always made. It is a very simple recipe but is my favorite! I will admit that the carrots and celery seeds are my addition :-) but I hope that you enjoy this coleslaw as much as I do!
- 1 lb green cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, grated (optional)
- 1 cup mayonnaise or 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon celery seed (optional)
- Combine cabbage and carrots in medium-large bowl.
- Mix mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and celery seeds together until smooth.
- Pour dressing over cabbage and mix until cabbage is well coated.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
best coleslaw! its simple, easy to make and so delicious.
i have made this and i love it,i believe it came from an old betty crocker book,i am a cole slaw fanatic,and try them all ,this is a wonderful basic slaw,and believe me ,no slaw is the sme same without celery seed.thanks for posting.