Recipe by RobinTX
My grandmother was famous for her Blush Apple Pies. I always asked her to make at least one when we went to visit. I recommend Mean Chef's Classic Pie Crust (#26205), but the refrigerated rolled crusts work too, if you are in a hurry. This is an easy and quick pie, but the flavor added by the pineapple and red hots is wonderful.
- 2 pie crusts
- 2 (20 ounce) cans apple pie filling
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red cinnamon candies
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over to 350.
- Place one of the pie crusts in a deep dish pie plate.
- Mix apple pie filling, pineapple, red hots and sugar and place in crust.
- Top with lattice crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake on foil-lined cookie sheet 45-60 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is bubbly.
- NOTE: This WILL bubble over, so make sure you bake on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
- Prep time does not include making the pie crust.