Recipe by Kay D.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen and the Food Network. I like to make this one in NordicWare's "violet" bundt pan. No frills, just good cake.
Top Review by Sherri35
This makes the absolute perfect pound cake. It's the exact recipe that my mother in law has been using for 40 years or more! I collect bundt pans and this is the perfect recipe for the intricate patterned bundt pans that I have.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Cream butter and sugar together with your heavy-duty mixer.
- Add the sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Sift baking soda and flour together.
- Add the flour to the creamed mixture, alternating with one egg at a time (about 1/2 cup of flour each time).
- Mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a well greased and floured 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake tests COMPLETELY clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake on wire rack, removing from pan and let cool completely.
- Frost as desired (powdered sugar glaze is good) or leave plain and garnish with fresh berried and freshly whipped cream.