Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen and the Food Network. I like to make this one in NordicWare's "violet" bundt pan. No frills, just good cake.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 -2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- Cream butter and sugar together with your heavy-duty mixer.
- Add the sour cream and mix thoroughly.
- Sift baking soda and flour together.
- Add the flour to the creamed mixture, alternating with one egg at a time (about 1/2 cup of flour each time).
- Mix well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into a well greased and floured 10 inch tube or bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in cake tests COMPLETELY clean.
- Let cake cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Invert cake on wire rack, removing from pan and let cool completely.
- Frost as desired (powdered sugar glaze is good) or leave plain and garnish with fresh berried and freshly whipped cream.
MMMM awesomee!!! I used two cups sugar and it was plenty :)
This was a good pound cake but not remarkable. I'm glad I reduced the sugar from 3 cups to 2 1/2 otherwise, it would have been too sweet. The texture of the cake was lovely, very moist but it could have been a bit richer and more flavorful. It took longer than the 1 hour 20 minutes. I used a 10" pan and it rose right to the top but never surpassed it to my great relief. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I may tweak it in the future.
Buttery and moist. I only used 2 1/2 cup of sugar and it was perfect.