Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This was a recipe I found in our local newspaper when I was just a kid. We made these and they were the greatest sugar cookies we ever made.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- chocolate star, one for each cookie
- sugar, just enough to coat the bottom of glass with
- Mix the butter, oil, powdered sugar, vanilla and egg.
- Sift in the flour, soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Form 1" balls and flatten with sugar coated glass bottom.
- Place chocolate star in center of cookie.
- Bake 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.