Recipe by Triple BQ
A quick and easy cassarole
Top Review by Barbara L.
June 16,2010 I cooked this for supper, tonight,& my entire family raved how good it is. I will be cooking this maybe ,twice a month, because,not everyone in my family ever like the same food; this is a winner, & it deserves 5 stars.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) cansliced olives, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and green peppers over medium heat until done, drain.
- Stir in rice, tomato, corn, olives, bacon, chilli powder, garlic, and salt.
- Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- Add 1 cup of the cheese; stir to melt.
- Transfer to a 11x7x2 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Toss bread crumbs with melted butter & sprinkle over top of cheese.
- Bake uncovered in a 350 deg oven for 15-20 minute.
- You can also at step 5 transfer to a crock pot follow steps 6 & 7 and then cook in the crock pot for 2 hours on low.