Triple BQ's Note:
A quick and easy cassarole
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced olives, drained
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, and green peppers over medium heat until done, drain.
- 2Stir in rice, tomato, corn, olives, bacon, chilli powder, garlic, and salt.
- 3Bring to a boil; remove from heat.
- 4Add 1 cup of the cheese; stir to melt.
- 5Transfer to a 11x7x2 baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- 7Toss bread crumbs with melted butter & sprinkle over top of cheese.
- 8Bake uncovered in a 350 deg oven for 15-20 minute.
- 9You can also at step 5 transfer to a crock pot follow steps 6 & 7 and then cook in the crock pot for 2 hours on low.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Rice Dish
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 899.3
- Calories from Fat 478
- Total Fat 53.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.3 mg
- Sodium 1968.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 43.3 g