Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an even simpler recipe that I grew up with (I've looked at the other recipes for Poor Man's Pie and Sugar Cream Pie - the other name for this type pie.) My grandmother's recipe was a 2-2/3-3 formula. It was called Poor Man's Pie because farmers always had the ingredients handy.
- 2 cups heavy cream (Whipping Cream)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar (you can use white or brown, but Grandma always used white.)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- butter, pats
- Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- Mix the cream, sugar, and flour.
- Pour into an unbaked 8" pie shell.
- Float several thin pats of butter on top.
- Sprinkle with ground nutmeg.
- Bake at 350º for 30-45 minutes or until top is a nice golden brown.
- Chill, then refrigerate until ready to serve.