Steve-0 #2's Note:
My favorite from grandma's house...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- 2First, mix the following together thoroughly in a blender: shortening, eggs, sugar and molasses.
- 3** I find its easier to measure the molasses when hot, so I stick the bottle in the microwave for a few seconds, and heat up my metal measuring spoon on the stove (careful).
- 4Second, in a separate bowl, sift together the following: flour, soda, salt and cinnammon.
- 5After these are sifted, slowly add them to the mixer with the ingredients from the first step.
- 6Mix until fairly smooth, no lumps.
- 7Fold in the oats and raisins.
- 8This is pretty tough on the mixer, so unless you have a good one, you may want to do this by hand.
- 9To bake, drop rounded teaspoonfuls (or whatever size cookies you want) on a lightly greased baking sheet, approx 2" apart.
- 10I like to press the center of the cookie down a bit, so it cooks evenly.
- 11Cook for approximately 8 minutes.
- 12Notes: The cookies should be very soft, and even look un-cooked when you take them out of the oven.
- 13-Don't worry, let them cool, and you'll be rewarded with an amazing, chewy, tasty cookie.
- 14-Of course, if you prefer hard cookies, cook approx 2 minutes longer, but I recommend the chewy version.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Oatmeal Drop Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.2
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 20.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g