Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I don't remember where I got this recipe. I tried it at Christmas & think it is one of the best oatmeal raisin cookies Ever! Crispy yet tender, not too sweet. I also like that you don't have to wait on butter to come to room temperature!
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick oats (do Not use instant) or 3 cups old fashioned oats (do Not use instant)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts (use 1/2 cup if using raisins)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Cream shortening and sugars, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Sift flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add to first mixture and mix well.
- Add raisins and nuts.
- Add oats last.
- Spoon out by rounded tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- Remove to wire rack.
- Cool completely.