Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This was one of those recipe's that my grandma said no one would ever have and she refused to give it out. I feel that no recipe should be kept secret! But after she moved I found her recipe for this sitting in the pantry under our flour container. (not sure if she did it on purpose or by mistake) She used to make these as a "stocking stuffer" and passed them out to EVERYONE! This was one of the FEW things she knew how to make well. I think this would be good to cut into slices and serve with other goodies at parties for the holidays.
- 510.29 g package lemon cake mix
- 99.22 g package instant lemon pudding mix
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml oil (I prefer wesson)
- 4 eggs
- 59.14 ml poppy seed
- 2.46 ml lemon extract
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Grease and flour 5 mini loaf pans (the aluminum foil kind work well for this) or 2 small loaf pans.
- Fill the loaf pan half way with batter.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 40 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
I have made this for years. I found the recipe on a Duncan Hines cake mix box. They called it a pound cake. It did not have the poppy seed in it, and said to bake in a tube pan. We would glaze it with just a simple glaze made from icing/powdered sugar & lemon juice poured over it on the serving plate. Try this using a chocolate cake mix & instant chocolate fudge pudding. It makes a great moist chocolate pound cake.
Love...Love...Love this recipe. So easy to make and so moist. Will be making it again and again. Thanks for Sharing
This was excellent. I love anything baked with lemon and poppy seeds. will be making again thanks