Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This dessert/salad brings back such fond feelings. This is the recipe my grandmother served the kids 2-3 times a year when we were all together. After she died no one could find her recipe for this. I guess that is what the internet is for! When I surprised the family with this recipe at Christmas dinner, both my aunt AND uncle cried. I hope your family enjoys this dessert as much as mine has.
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen strawberries
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 1 (6 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Dissolve Jello into boiling water.
- Add frozen strawberries and stir until they are thawed and the mixture begins to thicken. Add mashed bananas and pineapple.
- Pour half the mixture into a 9 x 13 pan. Chill in refrigerater until firm.
- Spread sour cream over the top. Add remaining Jello mixture and chill until firm.
My whole family loves this! I had the recipe and was going to post it but then I searched so I wouldn't post a double and here it is! This is a tradition in my fiance's family to make at Thanksgiving bet we just had it for Easter and I think I want it again at Christmas!!! Thanks for posting!