photo by CarolAT
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, sliced, partially thawed
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup mashed firm banana (about 3 medium)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Stir in strawberries, pineapple, bananas and nuts.
- Pour half of the mixture into a 13" x 9" x 2" dish. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Set the remaining gelatin mixture aside.
- Combine the sour cream, sugar and vanilla; mix well. Spread over the chilled gelatin. Spoon remaining gelatin mixture over top.
- Chill overnight.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Was in the process of cleaning & freezing a big batch of fresh strawberries so used some of those for this recipe instead of some I still had frozen ~ THIS IS A REALLY GREAT, REFRESHING SALAD, what with the combo of fruits used! Putting this one with my keepers! [Tagged, made & reviewed in the ZINGO part of ZWT5]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Hilliard, Ohio and I work for a restaurant equipment and design distributor. I hated to cook when I was young and did not really have a passion for it until I married my husband 13 years ago. He's a Mikey - will eat just about anything so he is a lot of fun to cook for. It is hard to say what my favorite cookbook is. I have the standard Betty Crocker that is about 30 years old and so beat up. But it is great for the basics. I love Taste of Home and other cooking magazines such as that. I tend to spend my time reading recipes, clipping them out and then storing them in a notebook according to category to be tried at a later date. Needless to say, the notebook is overflowing with recipes that have not been tried yet!!! <br /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/AMPageBanner.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /><br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> <br />src=http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj81/HokiesLady65/Recipezaar%20Album/iplaytagin.jpg></p>