1/1 Photo of Grandma's Italian Spaghetti Sauce
Nicole Gray's Note:
This is my grandmother's recipe from Italy. It is wonderful. I have gotten rid of all other sauce recipes because this one is so good. It is also wonderful over rice and by itself. I love it because it tastes too good and is very filling so it lasts more than 2 meals.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute garlic, onion and bell pepper in oil until onion and pepper are translucent.
- 2Add beef to onion-pepper mix.
- 3Cook til you no longer see pink; drain well and then return to pot.
- 4Add tomatoes with juice, paste, chili powder and Worcestershire; mix well.
- 5Simmer for 20 minutes.
- 6Add mushrooms; mix well.
- 7Simmer 10 minutes longer.
- 8Serve over hot pasta.
- 9I like angel hair with this sauce--it gives it a unique texture.
- 10I use Georgio bottled mushrooms, Del Monte Tomatoes, Hunts Paste, Lea& Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, McCormick Chili powder.
- 11All the rest are fresh ingredients.
- 12This is an old family recipe.
- 13Once you taste it, you will never go back to any other sauce.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Italian Spaghetti Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 757.9
- Calories from Fat 446
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.2 mg
- Sodium 759.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 51.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ground beef round