This is the closest thing I have found to the gooey butter cake my grandmother made. It has basic ingredients and is really simple to make. If you're worried about calories or fat grams this ones probably not for you. But if you're not, this is oh-so-gooey.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all cake base ingredients and mix well.
- Pat into lightly greasted 13x9 baking pan.
- Prepare filling.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Add butter and beat.
- Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Pour over cake mixture.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- You want the center to be a little gooey, so make sure not to overbake.