Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This coleslaw uses prepared mustard. I wasn't sure I would like it as I am not a fan of mustard, but I was pleasantly surprised by the final product. A very tasty variation of a summer favorite!!
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 head cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot (optional)
- mix cabbage and carrots in large bowl.
- mix all other ingredients together in small bowl.
- pour liquid over cabbage mixture and stir well.
- cover and chill (overnight if possible), then serve.
This was very nice for a change of pace. Was not sure I'd like the mustard but it went well with the combination. The end result was a little dry for our taste. Needed more dressing on it I think. I would have also added in some onions. After the chilling time and after tasting it, I added some California Style onion powder to purk it up some. Thanks Made for PAC Fall 2007