Recipe by Steve_G
Saw this on a web site and just had to share!
Top Review by KyJo
This has always been a favorite of mine. My mom used to make it all the time and now I make it quite often. Especially if we're having company for dinner. Everybody loves it. I always add some pecans or walnuts in it.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine first 5 ingredients, 1-1/2 Tbs.
- cocoa powder and 3/4 cup sugar in a bowl.
- Pour into an 8 or 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine 2 Tbs.
- cocoa powder, 1 cup sugar and hot water in a separate bowl.
- Pour over cake batter and bake about 40 minutes.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a chilled bowl.
- Using chilled beaters, whip cream mixture until stiff.
- Serve cake upside down with whipped cream.