Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This yummy version of a basic chili has become my staple recipe for chili.
Make and share this Grandma's Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) canpeeled & chopped tomatoes
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- Brown ground beef and onions together.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat.
- Simmer on low heat for 2 hours or in the crockpot on low for 6 hours stirring occasionally.
My husband and I are new to chili as we're both picky eaters and never tried it before. I decided to try this recipe as it seemed simple and had ingredients I knew I'd like. I was nervous, but in the end it was worth it. We DEVOURED it! This was so simple to prepare and was amazing with shredded cheddar and sour cream. I think next time I'll add more paste and more spices as it wasn't very hot. Great base though for tweaking.
This is a very nice base recipe that's easy to "personalize". I really liked the hint of cinnamon in the background.
The chili was delicious! I used Rotel brand chili fixins for the chopped tomatoes! Every one loved it!