Recipe by CindiJ
Here's another recipe I got from my Grandma over 30 years ago. This is so good and the memories are flooding back for me. I miss her so much! So in honor of you Grandma, I post your recipes here.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups hard packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Karo light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon caramel flavoring
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large pot; stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and salt.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly. Continue to boil for 5 minutes WITHOUT stirring.
- While boiling - place popped corn in 2 extra-large shallow baking pans.
- Set aside.
- Remove butter and sugar mixture from heat and stir in baking soda, vanilla & caramel flavorings.
- Pour over popped corn and stir well to coat.
- Bake in 250F oven for 1 hour; stir every 15 minutes.
- Preparation & cooking time does not include popping the corn.