Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is my favorite beef brisket!
- 6 lbs beef brisket (not to lean)
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder
- onion salt
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- Rub meat all over with liquid smoke and spices.
- Refridgerate overnight in a 13 x 9 inch foil covered pan.
- To roast, sprinkle with pepper and worcestershire sauce.
- Cook at 275° for 5 hours (still covered with foil).
- If desired, cover with BBQ sauce and bake uncovered another hour at 275°.
- Make sure when you slice, you cut across the grain!
A nice recipe for when time is not an issue. I used honey barbeque sauce for this brisket. My DH really enjoyed it and I would prefer it without having baked with the bbq sauce rubbed in.