This bread recipe was from my husband's grandmother. It is so simple to make and always comes out great. The original recipe did not have the vanilla in it, but I always add it. If I have bananas that are ripe, but I am not ready to make the bread, I just plop them in the freezer, peel and all. No need to put in a bag. They will turn black, but the insides will remain good and will be perfect for the bread. Just remove from the freezer, peel and add to the mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a bread pan.
- 2Cream surage and shortening. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- 3Blend in the dry ingredients and then the mashed bananas.
- 4Pour into the bread pan and bake for 50-60 minutes at 300 degrees.
- 5Note: I usually bake this in a medium sized casserole pan. Just watch the cooking time. It should be done in about 40-50 minutes.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma's Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 295.8
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.3 mg
- Sodium 373.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 4.1 g