Recipe by Mom10
from Grandma C. I grew up eating this. It's very different from the crisp toppings made with oats.
- sliced apples or pitted cherries
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29-236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1 egg
- 9.85 ml cinnamon (optional)
- 78.07 ml melted butter or 78.07 ml oleo or 78.07 ml shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Place fruit in 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, bakingpowder, salt and egg. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired, and pour melted butter over topping.
- Bake at 350* for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve warm. If desired, top with ice cream or (the way we usually had it), pour a little milk in your bowl to cool it down and make it extra yummy.