Recipe by Tee Angel
This dressing is a family recipe passed down to many generations throughout my husband's family. My husband is Hispanic and this recipe comes from Sonora Mexico where Grandma Vicky was born and raised. This dish is a lot of work. Call a couple of friends and buy an extra bottle of wine to help pass the time.
- 4 lbs skirt steaks
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 20 -21 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 large yams, peeled and diced
- 3 lbs carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 5 -6 green apples, peeled and diced
- 6 anaheim chilies, diced (green)
- 6 banana chilies, diced (yellow)
- 2 medium white onions, diced
- 3 (16 ounce) cans black olives, whole and pitted
- 1 head cabbage, thinly chopped
- 1 loaf French bread, toasted
- 750 ml riunite lambrusco red wine or 750 ml any bottle sweet red wine
- 2 tablespoons allspice
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop steak into bite size pieces and sauté with garlic until fully cooked. If meat is tough add water and simmer until tender. Drain fat and set aside.
- In large stock pot add potatoes, yams, carrots, celery, apples, chilies, onions and bottle of red wine on stove over high heat.
- Cook 30 minutes or until a heavy boil.
- Add cabbage, allspice, salt & pepper and cook until vegetables begin to get tender. Could take a couple of hours.
- Break french bread into bite size pieces and add to pot.