Recipe by islandgirl77551
One of My grandma's many wonderful recipes. This is a traditional holiday dish in our family. It is also a great recipe for a cookout or covered dish supper. It is a little different from the other pea salad recipes that are posted. For best flavor make this recipe the night before serving or several hours ahead and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans peas
- 1 medium purple onion, chopped
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup ham, cubed
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Refridgerate canned peas several hours before making recipe. This makes them firm so they don't get mashed when you mix the ingredients together.
- In a bowl,mix all ingredients together, stir carefully,salt and pepper to taste and refridgerate until ready to serve.