Recipe by dojemi
Straight from the kitchen of Paula Deen.
Top Review by sundoggie
This stuff is addictive! I was making it so much that I've thrown out the recipe twice, so I wouldn't blow my diet! It tastes delicious fresh from the bowl. I don't bother baking it because I love the chewy, gooey consistency. Definitely worth trying!!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 quarts popped corn
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- Stir well.
- Pour over the popped corn.
- Stir to coat well.
- Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper to dry.