Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Straight from the kitchen of Paula Deen.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 8 quarts popped corn
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in baking soda.
- Stir well.
- Pour over the popped corn.
- Stir to coat well.
- Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Spread on waxed paper to dry.
This stuff is addictive! I was making it so much that I've thrown out the recipe twice, so I wouldn't blow my diet! It tastes delicious fresh from the bowl. I don't bother baking it because I love the chewy, gooey consistency. Definitely worth trying!!
We tried this recipe for the first time, this past Halloween. All I can say is that autumn will never be the same with out it. We enjoyed the sticky caramel corn with steaming hot mugs of apple cider, while sitting out on the patio watching the last of the colorful leaves dance in the windâ€¦ as they were carried into our neighbor's yard. I am convinced there is no better combination. ;-)
This is wonderful, I have made it many times, got the recipe from food network. I love Paula. Sometimes, I add vanilla in the the baking soda and it tastes wonderful.Thank you for posting this great recipe.