Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my Grandmothers BBQ sauce recipe. It is a great recipe by itself, or as a base recipe for your own creations. It does taste better if you let it sit in the refrigerator for a few hours, but it can be used right away if necessary.
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup celery seed
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onions or 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Mix all ingredients and store in an airtight container.
- You may add other seasonings to taste such as cayenne pepper, black pepper, mustard powder, chili powder etc.
good basic recipe... you can add your own touches to create many variations. Will use again.
Perfect base recipe for making your own BBQ sauce! I love adding jalepenos, liquid smoke, and ghost chili powder!! Yumm!!
Mmmmm... Have had this several times. It is delicious, easy, and very versatile. Thanks for sharing!