Recipe by TheAmethystChef
Hamburger, beans, salsa and spices come together in a tortilla to create my grandma's burritos, with a twist from me.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 (15 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) canwhole black beans
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 -2 dash onion powder
- 1 -2 dash garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- additional cheese
- sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 6 tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger is sauce pan. Drain.
- Open both cans of beans and add them to pan with hamburger, adding margarine, olive oil or butter if using fat free beans.
- Once heated through, add salsa and 1/4 cup cheese. Continue cooking until cheese is melted.
- On a griddle, heat tortilla until pliable, flipping once. Transfer to a plate. Sprinkle additional cheese (if desired) down middle of tortilla, top with 1/6 meat/bean mixture, and dallop sour cream on top (if desired).
- Fold top and bottom of tortilla over the mixture, tuck one side over and under mixture, and roll.