1/8 Photos of Grandma Johnson's Scones
Grandma clearly knew her scones! this is the non healthy, full fat and most wonderful version. If anyone has the heart (no pun intended) to to trim these down in fat please let me know how it worked out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl, blend the sour cream and baking soda, and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 3Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- 4In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, cream of tartar, and salt.
- 5Cut in the butter. Stir the sour cream mixture and egg into the flour mixture until just moistened. Mix in the raisins.
- 6Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Roll or pat dough into a 3/4 inch thick round. Cut into 12 wedges, and place them 2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- 7Bake 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grandma Johnson's Scones
Serving Size: 1 (114 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.4
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 66.1 mg
- Sodium 517.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 5.7 g