Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandmother's recipes for roll and cut out sugar cookies with a kiss of orange zest that we made every Christmas.
- 1 cup shortening or 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 6 tablespoons milk
- Cream shortening with sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla and orange zest.
- Alternate flour and mix into the mix until incorporated.
- Roll out with a lightly flour pin and cut into fun shapes.
- Bake at 375F for 10 - 12 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Frost with Royal Icing.