Recipe by Sharon1
This dish has been a favorite in our family for as long as I can remember. My siblings and I and our children all gobble this up.
Top Review by Paige
This was very easy to make and my family loved it - especially my 6 yr old. Because the sauce was a little thin after everything was melted, I mixed everything and baked it at 350 for about 20-30 minutes. It turned out great.
- 1 cup uncooked pasta (penne, fusseli, shells...)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup cottage cheese (can be low fat)
- 5 -8 slices American cheese (orange)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and rinse.
- Over a medium flame, mix margarine, cottage cheese and milk.
- Heat until mixed.
- Add the pasta.
- While still heating, tear the cheese into small squares and add.
- Heat until melted.
- Serve hot.
- (You can add cold milk afterwards if it is too hot for the kids).