Recipe by Mama Sweet Rolls
This is a recipe that I received from my Gramma's late husband. Gerald Osterman was a cook and baker in the Marines long ago, and has been known for his delicious pies ever since. Here is the pie crust recipe that is now the only one I use and forever will be known as Jerry's Pie Crust.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 cups butter flavor shortening
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first four ingredients together.
- In separate bowl combine water, egg, and vinegar.
- Pour wet mixture into dry.
- Mix by hand.
- Put in frig for 15 minute
- Roll out onto floured surface.
- NOTE: Jerry never did this, but I combine the first four ingredients in a food processor, then slowly add wet while running. I usually add the water separate, just in case my dough gets too wet, so I may not add all of it. Oh, and I also have substituted butter for shortening and it was delicious!