1/1 Photo of Gramma Mac's Huevos Rancheros
Family favorite recipe made by my MIL. After many attempts, I finally figured out her recipe. She never measures ingredients...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in frying pan until crisp. Strain out bacon and set aside in small bowl.
- 2Remove bacon drippings, leaving 2-3 tablespoons in pan.
- 3In remaining drippings, saute red pepper and onion until slightly softened, over medium-high heat. Approximately 5 minutes.
- 4Add jalapenos and garlic. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 5 minutes on medium heat. Depending on the jalapeno flavor I sometimes add a little more (we like it a little spicy, or you can add some of the jalapeno juice for extra heat).
- 5Add salt, pepper, tomato juice and bacon pieces. Cover and simmer on low for 20 minutes to blend flavors.
- 6Cook to desired consistency and flavor blending.
- 7After cooked to desired state, turn to low heat and prepare eggs.
- 8Whisk together 12 eggs and scramble in separate fry pan.
- 9Serve prepared mixture over servings of scrambled eggs.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gramma Mac's Huevos Rancheros
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 780.2
- Calories from Fat 596
- Total Fat 66.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.7 g
- Cholesterol 711.6 mg
- Sodium 1408.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 33.4 g