Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Use this easy crust for Double Ginger Pumpkin Tart.
Make and share this Graham Cracker Tart Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups finely ground graham crackers (ground in a food processor, about 9 whole)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F
- Have ready an ungreased 9 1/2-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- In a medium bowl, mix the crumbs and sugar with a fork until well blended.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the crumbs and mix until evenly moistened.
- Put the crumbs in the tart pan (I like to use a piece of plastic wrap between my hands and the crust) and use your hands to spread the crumbs so that they cover the bottom of the pan and sides.
- Use your fingers to pinch and press some of the crumbs around the inside edge of the pan to cover the sides evenly and create a wall about a scant 1/4 inch thick.
- Redistribute the remaining crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pan and press firmly to make a compact layer.
- Bake the crust until it smells nutty and fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Set the baked crust on a rack and let cool. The crust can be made up to a day ahead and
- stored at room temperature, wrapped well in plastic.
I was making a yogurt cheese tart and wanted a quick crust for the tart pan. This crust held up very well and was very easy to put together. Just the right amount of crumbs and butter. I used Splenda in place of the sugar. I really loved the plastic bag idea for smoothing out the crust. Thanks for sharing the tip and the recipe.
Just the right size for a tart. The idea of using a plastic bag over your hand is great! Definitely will make again.