Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of my original recipes, rather unusual but great to make when you are hungry for something different - definitely not your same ole' spaghetti! I was really quite surprised when this turned out so well - it is a strange combination of ingredients.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- 2 cups thin spaghetti, cooked
- In a non-stick skillet, saute chicken, onion and celery in butter for about 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add garlic powder, salt and pepper while cooking.
- Add vinegar, sugars and jelly.
- Continue to cook and stir over medium heat until sauce cooks down and begins to turn to syrup.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cooked spaghetti.
- Serve warm as an entree, or chill and serve over a bed of crisp lettuce and sliced green and/or red bell peppers.
Delish! Hits the sweet and sour hot spot. Thanks!