Recipe by BecR
Always a hit at a cocktail buffet, holiday time or not!!! If you want to go lighter, cut one cup of the cream; however the volume of the sweet potatoes absorbs the richness of the full amount. Recipe is from Zanne Zakroff of Gourmet magazine.
Top Review by dogsandwoods
Though I haven't yet made this recipe, a good friend swears by this. He also insists that we must use sweet potatoes and not yams. I didn't know that there was a difference! Thank you for posting.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 5 cups heavy cream
- 9 sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- fresh ground white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter a shallow 4-quart casserole. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor fitted with the metal blade, combine the chiles and cream and blend until smooth.
- Place a layer of sliced sweet potatoes in the casserole. Pour some chile cream over the top and season with salt and pepper. Continue layering until all the potatoes are used, ending with cream.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender and the top is lightly browned and bubbling. Serve hot or at room temperature.