Recipe by susie.freckle.face
Rice Krispies cereal treats, toasted coconut, drizzled with melted chocolate
- 6 cups rice crispy rice cereal
- 40 large marshmallows
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup wilton chocolate candy melts
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly toast coconut in pat of butter. set aside to cool.
- butter 8 x 8 x 1 1/2 inch cake pan pan.
- sprinkle the cooled toasted coconut in the bottom of pan and place in the fridge while prepping the Krispies treats.
- Put the 6 cups of cereal in a large glass or non plastic mixing bowl.
- Over low heat melt the 1 1/4 cup of butter.
- Add the 40 large marshmallows to melted butter.
- Cook 10 minutes to start melting while stirring frequently.
- Add the vanilla and continue to cook over low heat until all melted and increase stirring frequency to a near creamy consistency.
- Combine into the cereal and coat evenly.
- Pour into the chilled prepared pan compress lightly.
- Cool and or refrigerate for about an hour.
- Turn out onto cutting board and cut into 32 pieces that measure 1/2 x 1 x 2.
- Melt the Wilton candy melts in microwave in 30 sec increments stirring between sessions.
- Lay the cut Krispies flat on a cooling rack over paper towels.
- Drizzle melted candy melts in a zig-zag pattern.