Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
These are AWESOME! Raspberry and Chocolate just seem to go together somehow, and these are just decadent! I once had Raspberry Chocolate Brownies made by a gourmet chef, and these are just as good as or better than they were! The extra work is worth it...TRUST ME :)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate in a small heavy saucepan on low heat or in microwave until melted.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, powder and salt until just blended.
- Spread 3/4 of batter in prepared pan and sprinkle almonds evenly over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and spread preserves over almonds.
- Spoon remaining batter over preserves, carefully smoothing top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top just begins to feel firm.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips.
- Let stand until chips are melted and then spread evenly over brownies.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
We made these for dinner last night and they were a huge hit! They disappeared so fast that my husband who had gone to make coffee didn't get one. We made them in a mini muffin pan so they were more like brownie bites.
These brownies were not a rich fudge but a rather light and bland chocolate flavor. The raspberry jam turned the brownie into one overly sweet goo. Took this to a school pot luck for my son and watched most of the kids throwing it away. I love fudge and raspberries but this was a miss with me and others. Followed the recipe exactly.