Recipe by Karen=^..^=
These are AWESOME! Raspberry and Chocolate just seem to go together somehow, and these are just decadent! I once had Raspberry Chocolate Brownies made by a gourmet chef, and these are just as good as or better than they were! The extra work is worth it...TRUST ME :)
Top Review by Arlette W.
We made these for dinner last night and they were a huge hit! They disappeared so fast that my husband who had gone to make coffee didn't get one. We made them in a mini muffin pan so they were more like brownie bites.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3 ounces bittersweet chocolate (OR 2 ounces semisweet chocolate AND 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter and bittersweet chocolate in a small heavy saucepan on low heat or in microwave until melted.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat in chocolate mixture.
- Stir in flour, powder and salt until just blended.
- Spread 3/4 of batter in prepared pan and sprinkle almonds evenly over top.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and spread preserves over almonds.
- Spoon remaining batter over preserves, carefully smoothing top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until top just begins to feel firm.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle evenly with chocolate chips.
- Let stand until chips are melted and then spread evenly over brownies.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Cut into squares.